High precision customized plastic nylon spur gear
Nylon PA6 Sheets & Rods that made the with 100% Virgin Raw Material by HangZhou Engineering Plastics Industries (Group) Company, has the best performance, such as: very tough, even at low temperatures, and high hardness in the surface, toughness, mechanical lower shock, and abrasion resistance. Combined with these characteristics and good insulation, and chemical properties, it has become common-level materials.
Its widely used in a variety of mechanical structures and spare parts. Nylon PA6 products that made by HangZhou Engineering Plastics Industries (Group) Company, has the higher hardness, rigidity, a good resistance to wear and heat deflection temperature.
1. Good Tensile strength;
2. High impact and notching impact strength;
3. High heat deflection temperature ;
4. High strength and stiffness;
5. Good glide and limp home characters;
6. Good chemical stability against organic solvents and fuels;
7. Resistant to thermal aging (applicable temperature between -50°C and 110°C;
8. Size alternation by humidity absorption must be considered;
1. Nylon PA6 Products that made by HangZhou Engineering Plastics Industries (Group) Company is widely substituted for wear parts of mechanical equipment, or used as quick-wear parts of equipment instead of copper and alloy;
2. Shaft sleeve, bearing bush, lining, lining plate, gear;
3. Worm gear, roller copper guide rail, piston ring, seal ring, slide block;
4. Spheric bowl, impeller, blade, cam, nut, valve plate,
5. Pipe, stuffing box, rack, belt pulley, pump rotor, etc.
Main Properties of Nylon
|Property||Item No.||Unit||MC Nylon (Natural)||Oil Nylon+Carbon (Black)||Oil Nylon (Green)||MC901 (Blue)||MC Nylon+MSO2 (Light black)|
|2||Water absorption (23ºC in air)||%||1.8-2.0||1.8-2.0||2||2.3||2.4|
|4||Tensile strain at break||%||29||22.7||25||35||25|
|5||Compressive stress(at 2%nominal strain)||MPa||51||51||43||47||49|
|6||Charpy impact strength (unnotched)||KJ/m2||No break||No break||≥50||No BK||No break|
|7||Charpy impact strength (notched)||KJ/m2||≥5.7||≥6.4||4||3.5||3.5|
|8||Tensile modulus of elasticity||MPa||3190||3130||3000||3200||3300|
|9||Ball indentation hardness||N/mm2||164||150||145||160||160|
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Domestic Appliances|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cut Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Bevel Wheel|
Can plastic gears be used in food and beverage processing machinery?
Plastic gears can be used in food and beverage processing machinery in certain applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of their suitability:
Plastic gears offer several advantages that make them a viable choice for certain food and beverage processing machinery applications:
- Corrosion Resistance: Many plastic materials, such as certain types of polypropylene (PP) or polyethylene (PE), exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemical attack. This makes them suitable for use in food and beverage processing environments where exposure to acidic or alkaline substances, cleaning agents, or food ingredients is common.
- Hygienic Properties: Plastic gears can be designed to have smooth surfaces without any cracks, crevices, or pores, which can harbor bacteria or contaminants. This makes them easier to clean and sterilize, promoting hygienic conditions in food and beverage processing machinery.
- Lightweight: Plastic gears are generally lighter than metal gears, which can be advantageous in applications where weight reduction is desired. The reduced weight can simplify machinery design, reduce energy consumption, and ease handling during maintenance or equipment assembly.
- Noise Reduction: Plastic gears, with their inherent damping characteristics, can help reduce noise levels in food and beverage processing machinery. This is particularly beneficial in settings where noise control is crucial for maintaining a comfortable working environment.
- Non-Toxicity: Food-grade plastic materials, such as certain types of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) or polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), are approved for contact with food and beverages. These materials comply with regulatory standards for food safety and do not leach harmful substances into the processed products.
- Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. They can be molded into complex shapes and incorporate features such as self-lubrication, noise reduction, or specific gear profiles to optimize performance for food and beverage processing applications.
However, it’s important to note that there are certain considerations and limitations when using plastic gears in food and beverage processing machinery:
- Operating Conditions: Plastic gears have temperature limitations and may not be suitable for applications involving high temperatures or extreme temperature fluctuations. It’s essential to select plastic materials that can withstand the specific temperature range of the processing environment.
- Load Requirements: Plastic gears typically have lower load-bearing capacities compared to metal gears. They may not be suitable for heavy-duty applications that require withstanding high torque or significant forces. Careful consideration should be given to the torque and load requirements of the specific machinery application.
- Application-Specific Requirements: Some food and beverage processing machinery applications may have unique requirements, such as high-speed operation, abrasive ingredients, or frequent cleaning cycles. It’s crucial to assess whether plastic gears can meet these specific requirements and evaluate the need for additional reinforcements or modifications.
Overall, plastic gears can be successfully used in food and beverage processing machinery for suitable applications, offering benefits such as corrosion resistance, hygienic properties, lightweight design, noise reduction, and compliance with food safety standards. However, proper material selection, design considerations, and a thorough understanding of the application’s requirements are important to ensure the reliable and safe operation of the machinery.
Can plastic gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, plastic gears can be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Plastic gears have several advantages that make them suitable for certain automotive applications. They are lightweight, have good wear resistance, offer design flexibility, and can operate with low noise levels. However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements and limitations of automotive applications before using plastic gears.
1. Non-load Bearing Applications: Plastic gears are commonly used in non-load bearing applications within automotive systems. These include applications such as instrument clusters, HVAC systems, seat adjustments, and interior components. In these cases, the gears are subjected to relatively low loads and can effectively perform their functions while offering benefits such as weight reduction and cost efficiency.
2. Auxiliary Systems: Plastic gears can also be used in auxiliary systems of vehicles, such as windshield wipers, window regulators, and sunroof mechanisms. These systems typically operate at lower loads and speeds compared to primary powertrain components. Plastic gears can provide reliable performance in these applications while contributing to weight reduction and improved fuel efficiency.
3. Noise and Vibration: Plastic gears have inherent damping properties that can help reduce noise and vibration in automotive applications. This is particularly advantageous in areas where noise reduction is a priority, such as electric window mechanisms or HVAC systems. Plastic gears can contribute to a quieter and more comfortable driving experience.
4. Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer design flexibility, allowing for complex shapes and customization to meet specific automotive requirements. They can be molded with precision to achieve intricate gear profiles and optimize gear performance. The flexibility in design can lead to improved efficiency, reduced weight, and space-saving advantages in automotive systems.
5. Material Selection: The selection of the appropriate plastic material is crucial for automotive applications. Certain plastic materials, such as engineering thermoplastics like POM (polyoxymethylene) or PA (polyamide), offer higher strength, rigidity, and wear resistance compared to standard plastics. These materials can withstand the demands of automotive environments, including temperature variations and exposure to chemicals or oils.
6. Load-Bearing Applications: While plastic gears are commonly used in non-load bearing or low-load applications within the automotive industry, they may have limitations in high-load or high-torque applications. Metal gears, such as steel or cast iron, are generally preferred for primary powertrain components such as transmissions and differential systems, where higher strength and durability are required to handle the significant loads and forces involved.
7. Environmental Considerations: Automotive applications can expose gears to various environmental factors such as temperature extremes, humidity, UV radiation, and exposure to chemicals or oils. The selected plastic material should have good resistance to these environmental conditions to ensure long-term durability and performance.
In summary, plastic gears can be successfully used in certain automotive applications, particularly in non-load bearing or low-load scenarios, as well as in auxiliary systems. They offer advantages such as weight reduction, design flexibility, and noise reduction. However, when considering the use of plastic gears in automotive applications, it’s important to carefully evaluate the specific requirements, loads, environmental conditions, and material selection to ensure optimal performance and durability.
What are plastic gears and how are they used?
Plastic gears are gear components made from various types of polymers or plastic materials. They offer unique properties and advantages compared to traditional metal gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of plastic gears and their applications:
- Types of Plastic Materials: Plastic gears can be manufactured from different types of polymers, including thermoplastics such as acetal (polyoxymethylene – POM), nylon (polyamide – PA), polycarbonate (PC), and polyethylene (PE), as well as thermosetting plastics like phenolic resins. Each material has its own specific characteristics, such as strength, wear resistance, and temperature resistance, which make them suitable for different applications.
- Advantages of Plastic Gears: Plastic gears offer several advantages over metal gears, including:
- Lightweight: Plastic gears are lighter in weight compared to metal gears, which can be beneficial in applications where weight reduction is important.
- Low Noise and Vibration: Plastic gears can provide quieter operation due to their inherent damping properties that reduce noise and vibration levels.
- Corrosion Resistance: Certain plastic materials used in gear manufacturing exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals, making them suitable for applications in corrosive environments.
- Self-Lubrication: Some plastic materials have self-lubricating properties, reducing the need for external lubrication and simplifying maintenance.
- Cost-Effective: Plastic gears can be more cost-effective compared to metal gears, especially in large-scale production, due to the lower material and manufacturing costs.
- Applications of Plastic Gears: Plastic gears find applications in various industries and systems, including:
- Automotive: Plastic gears are used in automotive systems such as windshield wipers, HVAC systems, seat adjusters, and electric power steering systems.
- Consumer Electronics: Plastic gears are commonly found in consumer electronics like printers, scanners, cameras, and home appliances.
- Medical Devices: Plastic gears are used in medical equipment and devices where weight reduction, low noise, and corrosion resistance are desired.
- Toy Manufacturing: Plastic gears are extensively used in the production of toys, including mechanical toys, hobby models, and educational kits.
- Office Equipment: Plastic gears are employed in office equipment like printers, copiers, and scanners, where quiet operation and cost-effectiveness are important.
- Industrial Machinery: Plastic gears can be utilized in various industrial machinery applications, such as conveyor systems, packaging equipment, and textile machinery.
It’s important to note that while plastic gears offer unique advantages, they also have limitations. They may not be suitable for applications requiring extremely high torque, high temperatures, or where precise positioning is critical. The selection of plastic gears should consider the specific requirements of the application and the mechanical properties of the chosen plastic material.
editor by CX 2023-11-07